WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS TO SEE ‘MOUNTAINS: THE DREAMS OF LILY KWOK’ PLUS SWEET MANDARIN SAUCES AND A SIGNED BOOK!!!
This is YOUR chance to WIN a PAIR of tickets* to see 'Mountains: The Dreams of Lily Kowk' at Theatre Royal Margate on Saturday 5 May at 7:30pm, plus win special 'Sweet Mandarin Restuarant Prizes' including bottles of Lily Kwok's famous Chinese curry sauces!
Terms & Conditions:
- 1st Prize - 2 free tickets to the show accompanied by a signed copy of the 'Mountains: The Dreams of Lily Kwok’ script book, plus a bottle of Sweet Mandarin's famous curry sauce.
- 2 x Runners up prizes - 2 free tickets to the show & a bottle of the famous Sweet Mandarin curry sauce.
- Closing date for entries - Sunday 29 April 2018.
- Winners will be drawn on Monday 30 April 2018 at 2pm.
- Tickets will be available from the Theatre Royal Box Office on the evening of performance from 6.45pm and Sweet Mandarin prizes will be handed out during the intermission.
- Winners will be emailed to notify them of their prizes.
PLEASE NOTE: The show is age 14+, please do not enter if you are below the minimum age required to see the show.
About this new and highly acclaimed play!
BLACK THEATRE LIVE WITH YELLOW EARTH THEATRE IN ASSOCIATION WITH ROYAL EXCHANGE THEATRE PRESENTS.
MOUNTAINS - THE DREAMS OF LILY KWOK
BY IN-SOOK CHAPPELL. ADAPTED FROM SWEET MANDARIN BY HELEN TSE
I invited you into my past... And you invited me into your future.
Helen has grown up in the UK, but always felt a piece of her story was missing.
Visiting her mother’s birthplace of Hong Kong for the first time, she is determined to find out who she really is and where she belongs.
Amidst the skyscrapers and bustling streets, she meets her grandmother, Lily Kwok, and steps into her past where she discovers shocking family secrets that will change her life forever.
This stylish and evocative new play by award-winning writer In-Sook Chappell, tells the extraordinary story of the women behind the famous Manchester restaurant Sweet Mandarin. Based on Helen Tse’s bestselling family memoir of passion, sacrifice and survival across three generations held together with one lifeline - food.
The performance includes live cooking on stage.
“A gripping tale of struggle, laughter, love and food … with a universal story of survival that will move your soul” - Ken Hom on Sweet Mandarin
Photos by: Jonathan Keenan